The D.C. Tunnel Kamala Harris Motorcade Accident Leaves A Concerning Number Of Questions

There are still a copious amount of questions needing to be addressed in the wake of the accident involving Vice President Kamala Harris’s motorcade earlier this week after the Secret Service refused to supply information about the incident and issued many mixed signals concerning its cause.

The accident, which only involved a single car, took place inside a tunnel in the D.C. neighborhood of Foggy Bottom as harris attempted to make her way to the White House at slightly past ten in the morning this past Monday. The car she was in clipped the curb, resulting in a disabled and broken wheel. Reportedly, Harris was entirely uninjured but was made to be transferred to another car.

“During a protective movement Monday, a vehicle in a motorcade had a minor overcorrection and struck a curb,” explained a spokesman for the Secret Service, Anthony Guglielmi, via a report to The Washington Post on Wednesday evening. “The protectee was transferred to a secondary vehicle, and the motorcade continued to its destination. There were no injuries to anyone.”

Originally, the incident was reported as a “mechanical failure” to various senior officials with the Secret Service, which would seem to be entirely contradicted by the statement released by Guglielmi. Additionally, there was no explanation for the odd two-day silence surrounding the accident taking place.

Guglielmi stated that all agents involved in the fender bender reported it as just a “mechanical failure” in their initially filed written reports concerning the incident.

“Initial radio traffic indicated this was a mechanical failure, and that was communicated to agency leadership by personnel supporting the motorcade movement,” Guglielmi stated to the Post. “After the protective movement was completed, leadership was verbally updated with additional pertinent facts that the vehicle struck a curb.”

Both sources within the Secret Service, and even Harris herself, brought forth questions concerning just how extremely well-trained agents could have had such an accident on a routine trip, as reported by the Post. However, the most disturbing part was the fact that important details were omitted in an electronic message which informed senior leadership of the incident.

Kim Cheatle, the Director of the Secret Service, only ended up finding out late Monday evening about what actually took place, reported a source to the Post.

One spokesperson for Harris claimed that the vice president was grateful for the efforts of the Secret Service in protecting her.

It was reported by the GW Hatchet that the event took place within the 2300 Block of Virginia Avenue, an area where more than 10 drivers have reportedly crashed this year due to a berm that splits the road to separate the lane from a recently added bike lane. As of writing, residents of the area have attempted to paint the median and set up cones, but due to there being no actual signage about the split to warn drivers, there have been numerous crashes.